Re: 2 new african dinoaurs

 From: Flyinggoat@aol.com

 > One, for example, is a meat-eating predator that looked like a scaled-up
 > version of Velociraptor, the villain of the movie ''Jurassic Park,'' or a
 > scaled-down version of Tyrannosaurus rex.

Hmm, is this saying it is a maniraptoran?

 > Sereno has named the new predatory dinosaur Afrovenator abakensis,

Unless I have missed the formal naming, this should read "will name".
Until a proper description and naming is published in the approved
manner the name is not official, and is thus not binding.

[This has caused problems in the past - the name Ultrasaurus
was announced for a big Texas sauropod, and then some Japanese
scientist formally named a Japanese sauropod Ultrasaurus before
the formal publication of the U.S. Ultrasaurus, so the name was
preoccupied, and another had to be found].

The peace of God be with you.