Re: another FAQ?

>Also thanks
>for the Tyrannosaurus/Tarbosaurus clarification. I see that I'm behind
>the times on who goes where these days. What other reclassifications have
>I missed?

Now that's a question and a half!  It's probably easier to watch for
comments as they pass, since taxonomy is a constantly changing (and
sometimes nasty) field.

Some important ones, though (recalling names used in many popular science
books before the '80s):

Brontosaurus -> Apatosaurus
Trachodon (in the sense of the skeletons at the American Museum of Natural
History at NYC)
-> Anatotitan
Polacanthus -> Hylaeosaurus -> Polacanthus again
Antrodemus -> Allosaurus

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
tholtz@geochange.er.usgs.gov
Branch of Paleontology & Stratigraphy