RE: newsgroup vs mailing list

In Mickey Rowe's list, my initial inclination would be:

c) send and receive                i.e. mailing list <--> newsgroup

so as not to isolate discussion, and starve one or the other.....
I have a caveat, though, that many newsgroups attract broad cross-postings,
spurious postings (Hitler Was A Dinosaur, or whatever...) and low level
questions.  One of the attractions of the list has been the serious discussions
and information passing which goes on.

In the end, I'd vote for