Re: Cope's skull

  Someone showed Cope's skull setting on a shelf in a museum (no skeleton) on a
PBS special. I think it was about the joint Canadian/Chinese expedition back to
the Gobi desert to hunt for dinosaurs (NOVA?). I have it on tape somewhere, and
I'll double check when I get time.
  The story they told was that when Cope died, he left his skull so that it's
brain capacity could be measured. He wanted to prove his boast that his brain
cavity was larger than his arch-rival, Marsh.

Scott Horton
Geophysicist/Computer Programmer