Re: Cope's 1991-1994 world tour

Flyinggoat@aol.com (Betty Cunningham) relates:

>Then officials at the museum and the National Academy of Sciences
>found out about the skull's travels.
>
>''What they've done is abhorrent,'' said Ted Daeschler, a collections manager
>at the academy. ''There is a code among scientists about handling borrowed
>specimens, and there is a respectful protocol for handling human skeletal
>remains.''

This is interesting since the Academy has sent out fliers titillating
us with the information that Cope was one of Psihoyos' travelling
companions while he was putting together the book, and that we should
go to hear him speak in order to find out the whole story.  I'm
planning to go to his talk (which I think is during the first week of
November).  If anybody has any questions they might like me to direct
to him (about dinosaurs, not Cope!), please let me know.