from a novice

I have a 4-year old who's really into dinosaurs, and has requested books
for X-mas. Can anyone recommend a good, up-to-date primer? I'm looking
for something with lots of accurate illustrations and a fair amount of
stats (my son likes to ask a lot of who'd win, who's bigger, meaner,
faster, etc type questions). Since I'll be reading it to him, it doresn't
have to be specifically geared toward kids. I'm sure you've covered this
topic before, so thank you for your patience.

on another note, I'm new to internetting, so I'm not real sure what you
all mean about usenet, gateways, and these other paleo-related lists. Can
anyone give me a layman's explanation. If this list joins a newsgroup,
does it mean it will not exist in this current format? (I've only joined
today-10/12).

finally, what are your impressions of TLC's Paleoworld (sundays at 9
eastern, repeated during the week) show which recently premiered? I found
it to be interesting and entertaining.