Re: alt.dinosaur open for posting

On Oct 11, 14:25, Flyinggoat@aol.com wrote:
} Subject: alt.dinosaur open for posting
>   I got one of the guys at AOL to post a 'seed' message in alt.dinosaur, on
> the INTERNET to start it out.

alt.dinosaur is not exactly a widely recognized newsgroup.  I've never seen
a newgroup message for it, and I've run news services for Unocal for more
than 4 years.  It's pretty poorly named, besides.

I've got a better idea.  Let's start up a real USENET newsgroup in the sci
hierarchy instead.  I think it's time; traffic on the mailing list seems
high enough.  We shouldn't have too much trouble getting the votes to do
this.  I suppose this means I'm volunteering to bring it up in news.groups,
etc.

I'll pass along status reports as we go.   I'm accepting volunteers to help,
particularly anyone who's run a newgroup discussion or vote before. :-)

--
Bob Myers                               Unocal Information Systems Support
Internet: Bob.Myers@st.unocal.com       P. O. Box 68076