Re: amber and pathogenic microbes

I'm no expert in this, but I have polished numerous pieces of raw amber
and it would seem to me if we were going to be releasing bacteria then we
would have been doing it for quite some time.  I know several "rock"
people that make jewelry from this stuff and inadvertently have to polish
out a bug or two to get the desired shape, so if there was something
there that could be released, I'd say it's been released.  Of course this
is not the same as trying to remove genetic material, etc. and putting it in
some kind of nuturing environment to see if you can get it to grow.
Pam