Re: Dinosaur NOVA programs and other programs

>>Just a reminder that, as you all are probably aware, the standard by which all
>>other dinosaur shows are measured, is the dinosaur shows produced by NOVA on
>>PBS.  I personally know of at least four one hour long shows: 1) In search of
>>China's dinosaurs (title may be a little off); produced around 1990;
>>2) The case of the flying dinosaur; produced around 1990; 3) T-rex exposed;
>>produced around 1990; 4) Dinosaurs of the Gobi ; produced 1993; 5) woops, make
>>that 5 shows..."The real Jurassic Park"; produced 1993.
>
>Then there was a 1970s episode on the Hot Blooded Dinosaurs, very
>influential to certain individuals interested in paleontology at the
>time...  Someday I'll have to find a copy of that episode, and see how it
>holds up to modern scrutiny.
>

>Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
>tholtz@geochange.er.usgs.gov
>Vertebrate Paleontologist in Exile                 Phone:      703-648-5280
>U.S. Geological Survey                               FAX:      703-648-5420
>Branch of Paleontology & Stratigraphy
>MS 970 National Center
>Reston, VA  22092
>U.S.A.

There was a series called "Dinosaur," I think, narrated by Walter Cronkite.
I missed the whole series.

For possible showing to an undergraduate Evolution class, with discussion to
follow,  should I start by looking at  the 'Cronkite' series, or is there a
better group of films to consider?  Sources for tapes  (VCR) appreciated.

Thanks for ideas and opinions.

Jim Gilliam
james_gilliam@ncsu.edu (preferred) or jfgzo@unity.ncsu.edu
Department of Zoology