Re:Dinosaur and DNA

[ lindbeck@dickinson.edu writes: ]
>  Hello!  I'm a student at Dickinson College currently researching whether
>the experiments conducted in Jurassic Park (such as cloning dinosaurs and PCR)
>are possible or if they will soon be possible. What current research has been
>so far on these subjects?
*snip*

There was a recent article in the Washington Post about a group that was
attempting to revive spores from an extinct bee held in amber.  These spores
were from bacteria that lived in the bee's stomach.  The theory was that these
spores contained little water and could be preserved for millions of years.  The

article was in the October 2nd or 3rd edition of the Washington Post on page
A3.

Hope this helps.

Joe Average     :->     71573.2027@compuserve.com