Re: extinction events

Looking at Tom's data and my data I noticed one other curiosity:

I wrote:
>mya    diameter(km)    location
>183+-5   80             Puchezh, Russia

The Early-Middle Jurassic date is 178 mya.

Since an 80km crater is fairly large, the Puchezh bolide
might correlate to the dino extinction event above.
I don't believe anyone has suggested this before.

BTW, thanks Tom for a very informative post!
That's the best summary I've seen on dino turnover.

-Paul