administrivia

This list has been a bit sleepy the past few days, so I thought I'd
try to wake people up with a bit of trivia about the list itself.
We've just reached the 500 subscriber mark!  When John handed me the
keys to the list last February, there were 239 people on the list.
I'm glad that I didn't kill it :-)

P.S. I'm going to a couple of conferences during the next couple of
months.  I'll be away from all connections to lepomis for periods
nearing a week each time.  Please don't break anything while I'm away!
I may be doing some breaking myself since I fear that I need to
upgrade our operating system.  I'll probably re-compile listproc as
well since a) I may need to and b) there have been some bug fixes
since the version I'm currently running.  Expect some down time during
the middle of October.  I'll warn you again if list activity picks up
again to the point that you'd notice the silence.  I suspect Jurassic
Park's imminent release on video will bring us some attention...