Re: T.rex DNA

>       This is rather inaccurate. The fragments amplified will almost
>certainly be sequenced and compared to avian sequences. A sequence as
>ancient as T. rex would certainly be very different from any extant bird sp.
>Les Willis

  Wouldn't it be true that even organisms as far removed as T.rex and a modern
bird would have 90-98% of the DNA sequence identical? I heard that homo sapiens
and chimpanzees, for instance, are 98% identical. Since we are dealing with
chopped up fragments, and not the entire sequence, I would think that it would
be very difficult to distinguish what came from which. Am I wrong?

Scott Horton
Geophysicist/Computer Programmer