[no subject]

I'm submitting this for one of our subscribers.  Listproc doesn't like
the UUCP in her address.  It will take me some time to fix that
problem, and I fear I don't have the time now.  In any case, the
following was not written by me.  If you wish to respond to the author
directly, please use the address from her signature (sorry about the
problem, Vicki).

---- begin forwarded message -- MR

Humans and chimps diverged relatively recently, in evolutionary terms--
probably less than ten million years, maybe as little as five or six
million. T. rex and modern birds are at least 65 million years apart.

I think you'd find significantly more differences even within the
birds, if you compared, say, jungle fowl, finches, and penguins, than
between a human and a chimp. (Does anyone, offhand, know how much
difference is found between members of the same species?)

Vicki Rosenzweig
vr%acmcr.uucp@murphy.com
New York, NY