Re: T.rex DNA

  I remember speculation in a NOVA episode ("The Real Jurassic Park") that
Horner had succeeded in extracting T.rex DNA. This episode aired about a year
ago. I suspect therefore that the timing of this announcement and the species
used (T.rex) has something to do with the release of "Jurassic Park" on video
on Oct.4 (I have already reserved my copy!). Maybe Jack Horner is receiving
some promotional consideration from Steven Spielberg. If true, I have no
complaint, more power to him for using creativity in funding important research.
If untrue, he missed a golden opportunity!

Scott Horton
Geophysicist/Computer Programmer