Re: Heterodontosaurs

> > Are there any other dinosaurs besides Heterodonts with
> > differentiated teeth?
>However, tyrannosaurids had slightly heterodont dentition, since their
>maxillary teeth are quite distinct from their premaxillary teeth,
>and the maxillary teeth tend to be larger towards the front.

Perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree, but as I understand it, most
Ornithopods had a sort of differentiated teeth, at least in the sense that
they had "Chopping" teeth (or a sharp beak) at the front and "Grinding"
teeth at the back.

Also I seem to remember reading (I can never find these references when I
want them) that Heterodontosaurs' Canines were more Tusks used for fights
between competing males. It has also been suggested that some species of
Heterodontosaur without Canines are not seperate species, but females.

If any of this is nonsense, please correct me - I'm only an amateur!

James Shields/jshields@iol.ie
And when the ark was finished Noah said unto Elvis, "What do you reckin?"
And Elvis checked out his own cabin and shook his head saying "poky".
And so did they knock several walls through and install a jaccuzzi.
And when it was all done Noah scratched his beard and said, "We don't have
room for all the animals now."
And Elvis perused the livestock list and in his wisdom said, "Lose the
dinosaurs."
        -Robert Rankin, The Suburban Book of the Dead