BOOM

With all the recent pyrotechnics over killer asteroids vs nasty volcanos,
let me call everyone's attention to an interesting book that just came
in the mail:  William Glen (editor), 1994, The Mass-Extinction Debates: How
Science Works in a Crisis, Stanford Univ. Press.  I've only skimmed the
book, but it seems to provide nice accounts about the various arguments
about the K-T boundary events, and why the various partisans argue the
way they do.  I look forward to reading it.