Warm vs Cold blooded

I've seen several threads discussing aspects of warm blooded dinos, and I
guess I've always considered this a binary function.  You were warm blooded
or not.  However is there or could there be one or more intermediate
conditions with representatives in the Saurs.

Maby strains with some endothermic ability but lousy regulators, or "hot
blooded" reptiles.  Does anyone make a significant amount of heat, but not
enough to keep themselves up to a relatively high constant temp, with
excess heat to vent.  If I postulate such a being their temp would vary
somewhat with ambient temperature, but would not be wholly dependent on the
surroundings.  It would also change significantly during each day.

Do we have such beasties now, or did we then??

James Pruitt Ph.D.