Re: What is this?

>I have seen Velociraptor spielburgsi used twice in different messages
>sent.  Is this a valid species or is this just a name used when referring
>to the genetically engineered "Velociraptor" from Jurassic Park?

No, it isn't a valid name - some people have suggested it for the JP
raptors.  However, I might add that Kirkland et al. played with the idea of
giving Utahraptor the trivial nomen "speilbergi", before abandoning it for
"ostrommaysi" (which should be emmended to "ostrommaysorum", since Ostrom
and Mays are two different people).

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
tholtz@geochange.er.usgs.gov
Branch of Paleontology & Stratigraphy