sauropods and abelisaurids

I have 2 questions; 1 from me and 1 from my son that I could't answer.
1) can someone provide me with a sauropod lineage? Who came first sort of
thing. This is a result of browsing through dinosaur books with my son
and he noted that frequently different types of sauropods are shown
together. While this is most likely for convenience, what is the timeline
for sauropods?
2) can someone explain more about the abelisaur(ids) mentioned by Stan
and others while discussing S American dinos? They were related to the
ceratosaurs, which were an early line of theropods...were abelisaurs the
last in this line, more advanced, or what?
Thank you, and someday (hopefully soon) I'll have enough free cash to buy
some of these references you folks always mention.
Blaise Considine [bpc.apa@email.apa.org]