Re: pterosaurs & snakes

I do agree, further testing is appropriate.

However, even if an aerodynamic effect is demonstrated, it is
still difficult to tell if it is beneficial, or merely tolerated
in return for the sexual attraction.

There is some research on sexual display in recent animals that
suggests that there is a sort of "look, I am so tuff I can be
healthy *in* *spite* of this disadvantage" message in many of
the display strategies. [Like peacock's tails ...]

The peace of God be with you.