Re: Inquiring Minds

My son Wolf,  age 4.5,  out of the blue today declared,  "I think there were
some cold-climate dinosaurs."  He hadn't said anything about dinosaurs for
weeks,  after months of intest interest in anything about them he could find.
 I explained to him,  as I did several times in the past,  that there
probably were no cold-climate dinosaurs because dinosaurs were reptiles,  and
cold-blooded animals like reptiles don't survive in cold climates.  He was
ready for that one,  though,  and obviously had been giving the matter deep
thought:  "There are cold-climate birds.  There are cold-climate fish.  I
think some day the scientists are going to find cold-climate dinosaurs."
    Well,  he had several important points.  If birds (warm-blooded but very
small,  dinosaurs' closest living kin) and fish (cold-blooded) can survive in
the Arctic and Antarctic,  why not some kinds of dinosaurs?  What do the
experts think?  Thanks,  Merritt Clifton,  editor,  ANIMAL PEOPLE.