Fossil Record 2 database

  As mentioned earlier on this list, the database for the Fossil Record 2
is now available on the WWW. The database contains stratigraphic ranges at
the family level, and habitat information. See Mike Benton's paper in
Science (April 7) for some examples of what can be done with the data, and
and a better explanation than I can provide here.
  The address is http://www.gly.bris.ac.uk/www/research/palaeo/palaeo.html

  I apologise for some of the problems encountered while setting this up.
If anyone has any suggestions as to how the data could be better
presented/more accesable, or has any problems, then plaese contact me, Clive
Trueman (glcnt@bristol.ac.uk)

  Thanks very much

  Clive Trueman