Re: Meat eating sauropods

It is interesting  that Tim Holtz mentions Bakker's theory on
the tossing of smaller animals around as a  defense measure.
In the alligator example I gave earlier, I forgot to mention
that Neil once observed a gator doing this with a cottonmouth
moccasin which may haved tried to bite or did bite the gator.
The alligator did not eat the snake but managed to kill it by
grabbing it in its jaws and tossing it up in the air several
times and catching it in its jaws again.  Obviously here was one
example where the the disparate size of the target animal was
not a concern of the smaller of the two .... much to its
misfortune.

Steve Grenard
grenard@herpmed.com

NA SnakeBite Emergency WebPage: