Re: stego time line +

While we're on the subject of Stegosaurus plates and spikes, I came
across something while perusing Helen Roney Sattler's _The NEW
Illustrated Dinosaur Dictionary_ in the entry on dinosaur young. On page
343 she writes: "... baby STEGOSAURUS did not have plates." This is
something that I don't recall being mentioned in the recent popular
literature. I assume there is fossil evidence to support this statement?
(For those who don't know, the Dinosaur Society has named its award for
the outstanding children's dinosaur book after Helen Sattler. Do you
suppose that Michael Crichton modified her name slightly when he came up
with "Ellie Sattler" in _Jurassic Park_?)

----- Amado Narvaez
      anarvaez@umd5.umd.edu