RE: Meat eating sauropods

While I cannot directly comment Bakker's comments on this
behavior, I have myself documented it in extant crocodilians
Wilfred T Neil (1971: Last of the Ruling Reptiles) ) says he has
observed it in alligators  dealing with snakes and was generally
scoffed at by academics. Myself and others since then have spent
thousands of hours documenting the ethology of crocodilians and I
have observed tossing of prey items into the air and catching same
again (much as a dog would play with a ball) in American
alligators on dozens of occasions (1991: Grenard,S: Handbook of
Alligators and Crocodiles).