Re: Extinction

|      Michael J. Styzen               Phone: (504) 588-4308            |
|      Shell Offshore Inc.             Room:  OSS-2920

|      P.O. Box 61933                  Email: mstyzen@shell.com         |
|      New Orleans LA  70161                                            |

Steve Grenard asks if I know what I'm asking trying to get a consensus
of scientists.
I do indeed! I sit down every day with various paleontologists (forams,
nannos, palynology), geologists, and even (horror of horrors)
geophysicists all of whom are right comming into the room. Usually all
that right data appears to conflict badly at first, but almost always
there is a perfectly logical resolution of the conflicts if everything
is put in the proper perspective.  It may be a totaly unpredictable
solution but more often than not everybody walks out smiling (even if
they have to check something they hadn't thought of before)
Mike