Re: Junk Mail

> >>You should remember that many people *pay* to receive messages,
> >>per message and per length, and if connecting by phone they pay
> >>for time to transfer messages, too.
>
> I'm probably walking down a fiery path here, but anyone who is seriously
> worried about their e-mail costs isn't likely to be on this list.

For those of you who remember a couple of instances where my
other account sent out many annoying bounce messages when the
mail couldn't be delivered...

I was using the unreliable account because it was cheaper.  At full
rates this list is an expensive proposition and I can only afford
to be on three mailing lists - even at preferential rates - fortunately
the other two are both lower volume.

Junk e-mail, especially long junk e-mail, is a major issue
to people who pay for their mail.  I know one person who ended
up in severe financial difficulty because of a vicious mailbomb
attack.

---
Derek Tearne - http://webservices.comp.vuw.ac.nz/artsLink/ManyHands/
Some of the more environmentally aware dinosaurs were worried about the
consequences of an accident with the new Iridium enriched fusion reactor.
"If it goes off only the cockroaches and mammals will survive..." they said.