Re: DR. Bakker, and the "Raptor Red" media circus

In a message dated 95-08-23 14:28:24 EDT, jpoling@infinet.com (Jeff Poling)
writes:

>>In a message dated 95-08-23 13:18:21 EDT, jpoling@infinet.com (Jeff Poling)
>>writes:
>>
>>>   As long as I have your permission, I will.  That post was just one more
>>>from a typical AOL twit.
>>>

>>I, as a member of AOL, resent this remark.
>
>   I, frankly, could care less.  No specific disrespect meant for you, at
>least not in this instance, but AOL is the moron capital of the world and a
>pox upon the internet.
>
>>Should I refer to you as an
>>Internet geek I am sure that you would scream bloody murder.
>
>   You are incorrect.
>
>>I am not saying
>>that the author was justified in his criticism (BTW did you attend the
event
>>in question?  I did not but will definitely look for the log of the event).
>> However you certainly are not justified in making the remark about
'typical
>>AOL twits'.....Twits, geeks and PITAs are the same no matter what on
service
>>they choose to voice their opinions and the label of twit depends solely on
>>the opinion of  the observer.
>
>   I *AM* justified in my remark.  It is one WIDELY held, including by many
>who are ON AOL (I've had this conversation before, see).  As a matter of
>fact, many sites are now refusing to accept ANY data of ANY kind with AOL as
>the source, and with good reason.
>
>   Bottom line is, when it walks like a duck, quack's like a duck, and does
>stupid things like a duck, it is a duck.  99% of the people who regularly
>access the internet from AOL are "Twits, geeks, PITAs," idiots, and morons.
>I will cease to refer to them as such when AOL either disappears from the
>internet, or raises the average IQ of the users above room temperature in
>Alaska.  And so will the majority of the people on the internet.
>
>>How do you know that someone hasn't chuckled
>>under their breath and labeled you with the same appellation(sp)?  ;)
>
>   I'm sure they have.  That doesn't change the garbage, idiocy and blatant
>disregard for netiquette that comes from AOL users.  No other site that I'm
>aware of has this magnitude of problem.
>
>** The DinoStore                      ** "..and, remember, all the trout
>**
>** For all your Dinosaur needs        ** were coughing up hairballs?" ---
>**
>** Coming soon                        ** Harold Green on Moose Thompson's
>**
>** Look for our Dinosaur of the month ** last dip in Possum Lake
>**
>** http://www.infinet.com/~jpoling/   **
>**

sigh.....*I* will end this now since it is useless to have a battle of wits
with ...well we all know the end of that saying and this is taking up too
much bandwidth already......entitled to an opinion you are but then so is the
rest of the world