Re: DINOSAUR digest 544

>From: steve.cole@genie.geis.com
 > Reporters have a tendency to be ignorant of what they
 > are reporting and do not instantly realize when dates don't add up.
 > If I see more on the subject, I'll send it, but I can't send
 > what wasn't there.--Steve Cole

Not only that, there was that gobblety-gook about "global
distinction of the dinosaurs"!  What in heck is *that* supposed
to mean?

The only thing I can guess is that the reporter didn't understand
the word "extinction" and substituted a similar word he did know.

But if so, the dates add up even less, ans the extinction was at
65 MYBP, not 70.

The peace of God be with you.