Reply to Arkansas trackway

address for...

location: Arkansas, Howard County, near Nashville
site: Briar site (open gypsum quarry)
track names: Brontopodus birdi
possible maker: Pleurocoelus (sauropoda, brachiosauridae)
formation: De Queen Formation (equiv. to Glen Rose in Texas)
age: lower Cretaceous (lower Albian)

note: another trackway can be found 10 miles away at the Highland Quarry,
Pike County, Arkansas...also made by sauropods same age.

ref: Pittman,J.G. 1984. Geology of the De Queen Formation of Arkansas.
       Gulf Coast Assoc. Geol. Soc. Trans. 34:201-209.
     Pittman,J.G. and Gillette,D.D., 1989. The Briar Site: a new
       sauropod dinosaur tracksite in Lower Cretaceous Beds of
       Arkansas, USA. p.313-332. in Gillette & Lockley (eds.) Dinosaur
       Tracks and Traces.

P.S. I'll see what I can dig up on Arkansaurus fridayi...

---John Schneiderman (dino@revelation.unomaha.edu)