brontosaurus

Stan doesn't need to dig up old copies of what he wrote about the
history of the renaming of brontosaurus.  You can retrieve what he
wrote from this machine.  You can either use anonymous ftp (the file
is: pub/brontosaurus) or you can get his notes via e-mail using
listproc's help facility.  To do the latter, send the following line:

help brontosaurus

in the body of an e-mail message sent to:

listproc@lepomis.psych.upenn.edu

And while I'm here, John Schneiderman (dino@revelation.unomaha.edu)
asks:

> How about the Tyrannosaurus material from Colorado (suburbs of
> Denver)

Yeah, I was wondering about that too.  I tried to get Ken Carpenter to
comment, but he decided to let it go.  All I really know is that the
suburb in question is Highlands Ranch (my cousin lives there so I'm
trying to encourage her kids to dig up their yard and find another
Tyrannosaur :-)