Re: New dino eggs (was Dinos

                 From the Desk of Chrysalis
 RE>New dino eggs (was Dinosaur news stories)
>Some of the eggs were discovered intact while others had their shells
broken.
>"Most were greenish grey, but a few are greyish black," the report said.
>The shells were fairly thin, measuring between .0156 cms (0.4 mm) and .0312
>cms (0.8 mm) in thickness while a layer of membrane was found beneath the
>shell's surface.

There was a discussion on egg shell thickness a while back. With egg shells
this thin I don't see how it could have been a hard shell and been strong
enough. It seems to me these thin shells (and not necessarily other dino
eggs) must have been a more leathery type like current reptiles.

Any comments?

-Chris
(amatuer who finally got his feet wet this summer at a dig and wants to go
back for more)