Re: Books on my Wish List

>I'll buy that!  Also an "Illustrated Encyclopedia of Ancient Marine Reptiles;
>Ichthyosaurs, Plesiosaurs and Mosasaurs"  would be very nice.  Anyone know if
>such a book is out or in the works?

Good idea, but clumbsy title. How about "Illustrated Encyclopedia of
Euryapsids"? Hmmm maybe not. Are mososaurs euryapsids by the way?

The only book I have on the subject is "Reign of the Reptiles" by Michael
Benton, which covers Synapsids, Marine Reptiles, Pterosaurs and some of the
archosaurs (but not a dinosaur in sight). Its a nice book, but not nearly
detailed enough. It has some really nice looking cladiograms.

James Shields  -  jshields@iol.ie  -  http://www.iol.ie/~jshields
And when the ark was finished Noah said unto Elvis, "What do you reckin?"
And Elvis checked out his own cabin and shook his head saying "poky".
And so did they knock several walls through and install a jaccuzzi.
And when it was all done Noah scratched his beard and said, "We don't have
room for all the animals now."
And Elvis perused the livestock list and in his wisdom said, "Lose the
dinosaurs."
        -Robert Rankin, The Suburban Book of the Dead