Re: re:Spinosaurus

>This tooth is about 1 inch to what looks like the pit of the root.  It is
>conicle in shape, has several flutes running parallel to the face of one
>side, but is not serrated.  It may not be a Spinosaurus tooth, but I
>think I'll just keep believing htat it is.  It's more fun.

This does sound suspiciously like a goniopholid or pholidosaurid tooth and,
not only is there a suitable pholidosaur in the area (see my earlier post),
but the frequency of occurance is also typical of crocs (how many croc
teeth have been found in a deposit as against isolated dino teeth? from my
experience, stacks, but I do work mostly in the Tertiary).

Cheers, Paul

pwillis@ozemail.com.au