re:no subject (Steve's questions)

     =============
     >SUE: what is "BHI"? I understand the need for acronyms and
     >abbreviations and use them (too much) in my own work, but could
     >someone translate that for me?

     BHI=Black Hills Institute of (South? North?) Dakota, the institute
     that was doing the dig and actually dug up Sue.

     =============

     >EXTINCTION THEORY: The first serious theory I heard on this, maybe
     >15-20 years ago on TV (Nova?) was that a big meteor/comet had struck
     >in the North Atlantic and fracture the joint between plates to create
     >a really big busted up zone with lots of lava leaks. This zone became
     >a five-million-year volcano now known as Iceland. Conveniently,
     >Iceland was formed by a long series of eruptions
     >in the 60-70 million years ago area......

     I believe Iceland is actually one of the OLDEST landmasses, not the
     youngest, as this would lead me to believe.   Of course I'm at work,
     and have no references for ACTUAL dates.  Perhaps they were discussing
     the Deccan Lava Flows of India from around the dates you are
     mentioning?

     Betty Cunningham
     (Flyinggoat@aol.com till the end of the month)
     (bcunning@nssi.com at work)