a little classic play on dinosaurs

     Now THIS is quoting!

     -Betty Cunningham
     (Flyinggoat@aol.com till the ned of the month)
     (bcunning@nssi.com at work)
     (bettyc@flyinggoat.com starting the end of the month)

                     THE COMPLETE MONTY PYTHON'S FLYING CIRCUS
                                 ALL THE WORDS

                                   VOLUME TWO

                           WRITTEN AND CONCIEVED BY

                                  GRAHAM CHAPMAN
                                  JOHN CLEESE
                                  TERRY GILLIAM
                                  ERIC IDLE
                                  TERRY JONES
                                  MICHEAL PALIN

                              Pantheon Books
                                 New York
                                  1989

     PRESENTER;I have with me tonight Anne Elk.  Mrs. Anne Elk.

     MISS ELK;Miss

     PRESENTER;You have a new theory about the Brontosaurus.

     MISS ELK;Can I say here Chris for one moment that I have a new theory
     about the Brontosaurus.

     PRESENTER;Exactly.  What is it?

     MISS ELK;Where?

     PRESENTER;No, no your new theory.

     MISS ELK;Oh, what is my new theory?

     PRESENTER;Yes.

     MISS ELK;Oh what is my theory that it is.  Well Chris you may ask me
     what is my theory.

     PRESENTER;I >am< asking

     MISS ELK;Good for you.  My word yes.  Well Chris, what it is that it
     is-this theory of mine.  Well this is what it is-my theory that I
     have, that is to say, which is mine, is mine.

     PRESENTER;Yes, I know it's yours, what is it?

     MISS ELK;Where?  Oh, my theory?  This is it.  (clears throat at great
     length) This is how it goes.  The next thing I'm going to say is my
     theory.  Ready?

     PRESENTER;Yes.

     MISS ELK;My Theory, by A. Elk. brackets Miss, brackets.  This theory
     goes as follows and begins now.   All brontosauruses are thin at one
     end, much much thicker in the middle and then thin again at the far
     end.  That is my theory, it is mine, and belongs to me and I own it,
     and what it is too.

     PRESENTER;That's >it<, is it?

     MISS ELK;Spot on, Chris.

     PRESENTER;Well, er this theory of yours appears to have hit the nail
     on the head.

     MISS ELK;And it's mine.

              (absolutly no bearing on dinosaurs at all after this)