Electronic Publication/Response

How choice!

In my previous posting on electronic publishing, the original message was
incorrectly attributed to Mickey Rowe. It should have been attributed to Paul
Willis. The software that composes replies used the name of the source (as it
was programmed to) instead of the name of the original writer (which it did
not recognize), and I didn't notice until well after the message was sent.

Imagine a modern-day Marsh posting new taxa, only to have hacker Cope
electronically reroute all Marsh's postings to place his own name on them
before "publication."

Stan Friesen: CD-ROMs are reasonably permanent, but CD-ROM *readers* are less
so.

George O.