Re: Paul's response...

 >   No, George, read it again. Printed is not a criteria, so electronic
 >   format such as the net would seem to be applicable. It could be
 >   argued that being posted on the net is permanent and it is certainly
 >   simulatneous editions if each individual computer capable of reading
 >   it is considered to be and "edition"

Actually, I think the permanancy issue will be the sticking point.

A normal computer file is too easily altered in too many ways.

Now, writing a CD-ROM and making the contents of it available over
the Web *certainly* would constitute publication as specified by the
Code.  (Provided the "statement of intent" is present).

Hmm, anybody want to set up a Web based zoological journal that
saves the articles to CD-ROM?

The peace of God be with you.