Ceratosauria

Stan Friesen wrote:

>Well, there's Carnotaurus and Abelisaurus to name two.

Perhaps i'am wrongly informed but my information is diferent.

ABELISAURUS comahuensis Theropoda INCERTAE SEDIS "Carnosaurs"
Allen Formation, Rio Negro, Argentina
There is no indication of an enlarged lacrimal foramen characteristic of
carnosaurs, although that region is incomplete. However, the similarity of
the squamosal-quadrate structure to that of Carnotaurus sastrei suggests
that these animals are closely  related (Bonaparte 1985; Bonaparte and Novas
1985). Both A.comahuensis and C.Sastrei are thought to represent  a theropod
lineage (Abelisauridae) evolving independently of the carnosaurs, perhaps
from ceratosaur ancestors. Source: The Dinosauria by Weishampel, Dodson and
Osmolska.

CARNOTAURUS sastrei Theropoda INCERTAE SEDIS "Carnosaurs"
Gorro Frigio Formation, Chubut, Argentina
Together with Abelisaurus comanhuensis, C.sastrei is included in the
Abelisauridae by Bonaparte & Novas (1985), and the assignment is supported
here. Source: The Dinosauria by Weishampel, Dodson and Osmolska

>Is Noasaurus from the Cretaceous?  I seem to remember so.
NOASAURUS leali Provisionally Theropoda INCERTAE SEDIS "Coelurosaurs"
Lecho Formation El Brete, Salta Argentina ?Campanian Maastrichtian
 The ventral margin of the fossa is marked by a sharp ventral edge, which as
in some material referred to "Marshosaurus" Madsen,1976, compares quite
closely with that of dromaeosaurids.  The material is too fragmentary to be
of much value in the elucidation of either its biology or its relationships
even though it is a useful geog raphic record of small theropods from South
America in the Late Cretaceous. So far as our current understanding of Late
Cretaceous theropods goes, the group that may by closest to this  in general
form is the troodontids (see Barsbold & Osmolska), but the low density of
teeth in the maxilla and the very unusual form of the ungual phalanx make
this assignment contentious. The creation of a new family of
theropods(oasauridae, Bonaparte & Powell,1980) on the basis of the imperfect
specimen seems inappropriat at present. Source: The Dinosauria by
Weishampel, Dodson and Osmolska

Did i mis something? Are these animals now placed in another family?

With regards
Fred Bervoets