>From: "Inst. for Energy and Envir. Research" <ieer>

>From ieer  Wed Aug  9 12:27:34 1995
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 1995 12:27:28 -0700
>From: "Inst. for Energy and Envir. Research" <ieer>
To: ieer@igc.apc.org
Subject: test3

Due to impending French nuclear tests in the South Pacific and the
renewed interest in the issue, The International Physicians for the
Prevention of Nuclear War and The Institute for Energy and
Environmental Research are distributing the following document on the
health and environmental effects of French nuclear testing.  This is
an updated version of Chapter Nine from the book "Radioactive Heaven
and Earth," one of the few sources of information on this subject.
We encourage wide circulation of this information.  The text may be
forwarded by email but may not be republished without written
authorization.  Any reference to the text must use the following
citation:
International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War and The
Institute for Energy and Environmental Research. "Radioactive Heaven
and Earth: the health and environmental effects of nuclear weapons
testing in, on and above the earth." (New York: Apex Press, 1991.)
For further information or authorization:
IPPNW:(617)868-5050 or ippnwbos@igc.apc.org
IEER: (301) 270-5500 or ieer@igc.apc.org
Chapter 9

French Testing

Locations, Numbers and Types of Tests The first French nuclear tests
were conducted in Algeria between 1960 and 1965. The first test took
place on February 13, 1960 at Reggan when Algeria was still a colony
in the throes of a war for independence.