Re: Re: Is the Study of Dinosaurs Science?

>If we want to fight the creationists, we're going to have start doing it
>with proper scientific debate and not by quoting "scientific dogma". We
>cannot simply dismiss such ideas as "rediculous" without proper discussion.
>
>It is very hard to totally disprove the theory that the Earth was created in
>4004 BC complete with dinosaur bones and radioactive isotope rations.

Precisely why Young Earth-ism is UNscientific in the extreme!  This isn't
the proper forum for a long discussion of the subject (try talk.origins or
sci.skeptic) but one of the primary aspects of Science is Falsifiablity:
hypotheses must be able to be disproved.  This is why creationism fails
scientific tests: when cornered, the invoke the work of God, something which
by its very nature cannot be falsified under their own framework.

Thomas R. Holtz, Jr.
Vertebrate Paleontologist
Dept. of Geology
University of Maryland