Re: birds are dinosaurs

>2. Archaeopteryx (late Jurassic) an evolutionary dead end.  One of many
>   attempts for the dinosaur to bird transition.

I may have missed something here (remember, I am sleeping down-under while
it is day time up-over), but exactly what evidence is there to support this
claim? Please provide appropriate refs. As I understand it Archie is
extremely unlikely to be _the_ missing link, as is any one species that we
know about, but it must be pretty close to the main link between birds and
theropods (or is that non-avian theropods?).

Cheers, Paul

pwillis@ozemail.com.au