re:the ark

On Wed, 9 Aug 1995, Cunningham, Betty wrote:

>      >5. Only onboard activity for 40 days and nights of rain, PLUS the 180
>      >days it took for the water to recede....sleep, and eat.
>
>      I've heard other activities are also popular on cruises.   That would
>      be a lot of creaking on board.

That's true, but remember "procreating" was not allowed during the cruise.
Think how many offspring of rodents there would have been if not kept in
check.
..bummer of a rule...if not letting carnivores eat meat wasn't enough.

Another thing also...isn't it risky just having a pair of any
animal...what if one is infertile.  And after the boat trip just think
how long the practice of grazing conservation continued (not many plants
left after a world wide flood) and how long did the carnivores have to
refrain from their usual dietary habits...hmm.

If Dinosaurs were included in the Ark passenger manifest, I am very
certain they would still "Rule the World" today!  They have large egg
clutches and fill many of the niches.

---John Schneiderman
(dino@revelation.unomaha.edu)