RE: Questions

 Diana Fucci wrote:

> The discovery of Protoavis seems to indicate that
> Archaeopteryx is not the ancestor of all modern birds.
> Is Archaeopteryx on a separate line which has extincted?
> Is still possible that Dinosaurs are on the line which
> goes to Protoavis and then to the birds?
> Is there a relation between Archaeopteryx and the strange
> dino-birds Mononychus and Avimimus?

 I reply:

  I wasn't aware that Protoavis had been accepted as a true
 bird. Last I heard of the specimen was a section in "Kings
 of Creation",and opinions on the material were a bit
 diverse. Some paleontologists even remarked that they were
 doubtful that all of the material belonged to the same
 animal.

Name: Michael Edward Purvis
E-mail: us009472@pop3.interramp.com (Michael Edward Purvis)
Date: 06/23/95