Re: Greg Paul, Theopods, and feathers

>>...what does everyone think about the now-common
>>pictures of theropods (etc.) running with the arms all tucked up?  It
>>does look kind of cool, but do you think it really happened?
>
>I think it makes sense provided that the theory that _Deinonychus_ et. al.
>are descended from flying ancestors (and so technically were flightless
>birds???!!!) is correct.

Not necessarily.  Tucking the arms in at the sides reduces  air drag and
might add speed to a running biped, whether bird-derived or no.  The Frilled
Lizard does this when running bipedally, as I have seen myself in Australia.
Office: 130 Adelaide Street W., Suite 1940
Toronto, Ontario Canada M5H 3P5