Re: Is the Study of Dinosaurs Science?

The sentences, "Dinosaurs are not science. I wish they would take them out of
the curriculum," are quite content-free, as might be expected from an
administrator. I suggest rewriting them as follows: "Administrators are not
education. I wish they would take them out of the curriculum." Now, THAT'S a
pleasant thought!

Of COURSE dinosaurs are not science(!); how stupid! Don't these people listen
to what they're saying? But STUDYING dinosaurs can "be" science, if it is
done in accordance with scientific method. And, given that children can
become captivated with dinosaurs, dinosaurs can be useful in introducing the
little darlings to science, or at least in teaching them to appreciate what
it is that scientists do.

George O.