Dynamosaurus

Having just finished an historical review of the events that lead up to the
discovery and naming of T. rex, I think it would have been great if Osborn
had used the name Dynamosaurus imperiosus, but as Tom and George have
pointed out, he did not. It is a wonderful name for Wyoming's partial skeleton
of T. rex (actually the first). Manospondylus gigas described by Cope in 1892
I don't think is diagnostic enough to hold priority over T. rex. Besides,
as dinosaur names go that one is pretty lack luster.
Brent Breithaupt
Geological Museum
University of Wyoming