Re: The "s" in Ceratopsia

>In 1997, the ICZN may adopt laxer rules that will allow any old spelling to
>stand, with "prevailing usage" the criterion for acceptability. This will
>take a lot of the fun out of zoological nomenclature for me; I consider it a
>distinct step in the "dumbing down" of science, civilization's last bastion
>of intellectual excellence.

        Is that the new date for the next set of ICZN rules?  >>>SIGH<<<.

        As for the "dumbing down" of science, I thought Barney was the
lowest expression of paleontology that could ever come down the pike!  ;-)

Jerry D. Harris
Schuler Museum of Paleontology
Southern Methodist University
jdharris@lust.isem.smu.edu