Re[2]: WWW URLs: Alien Autopsy

My estimate of "quadrillions" for the number of stars "out there" was too
small by many orders of magnitude. Given an average galaxy of 10**11 stars,
times an equal number of galaxies in the visible universe, produces an
estimate of 10**22, that is, about ten SEXTILLION, stars "out there."

So we have a rock-bottom lower bound on the estimate of the chance that life
will arise in any given stellar system as one in ten sextillion. I have the
feeling that it is actually somewhat higher than that.

G.O.